I am not sure why I never shared this green smoothie recipe before as it definitely is one of my favourite ones. It is so easy to prepare, is very nutritious and will please anyone, even those who hate anything “green”. Trust me. This Creamy Berry Green Smoothie recipe is a keeper!
If ever you are trying to get somebody on board with drinking green smoothies, this is the one you want them to try out first.
It doesn’t taste “green”, it is naturally sweet and is super creamy. What is there not to like, right?
Here is what you will need for this:
Creamy Berry Green Smoothie
- 1 cup of fresh spinach
- juice of 1/2 small lemon (helps in the absorption of plant-based iron)
- 1/3 cup of frozen strawberries (fresh is fine too)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of coconut milk (or any other plant-based milk of your choice)
- 1/2 avocado (healthy fat + protein source)
- 1 Tbsp of chia seeds (also a healthy fat + protein source)
- dash of cinnamon
This recipe makes 1 serving so feel free to adjust it for more people ;).
Optional: I like to add a few fresh fruits, nuts or cacao nibs on top for an added little treat.
If you do try this recipe, please let me know how you enjoy it and show me your creations using the #dlvcreations ;).
As always, stay vibrant!