When it comes to healthy and glowing skin, there is no doubt that adequate nutrition is primordial. However, there are a few other factors to consider as well. What you put on your skin, for example, is just as important if you want to avoid intoxicating your body from the outside in (more on that: here). Besides, in the summer time, given how strong the sun can get in certain parts of the world, it becomes even more essential to protect and nurture your skin. Hence the topic of today’s post: my favourite summer beauty essentials for a healthy & glowing skin.
Though I was never one to use tons of products to take care of my body and skin (the simpler the better), in time, I have learned that there are a few beauty care practices that are totally worth incorporating into one’s beauty routine. Especially considering that the skin is one of the largest organs of the body. It deserves just as much attention and loving care!
Today, I share my favourite summer beauty essentials as these have truly helped improve the look and feel of my skin. It is important to remember that every body is unique, so feel free to adapt and adjust these tips to your liking until you get the best results too!
Disclaimer: you will quickly notice that I mention a few of my favourite skincare brands in this post. These recommendations are based on my honest opinion and I was not paid to include them into this article. I just genuinely love these products and use them on a daily basis. They have contributed to not only my glowing skin but also to my peace of mind as I know they do not harm my health, nor the environment :). To find out more about the importance of supporting clean beauty brands, check out my post about it: here.
I truly hope that you find these summer beauty care products just as helpful as I have. Here are:
My Favourite Summer Beauty Essentials:
When at home:
- CLEANSING: Instead of using harsh soaps or facial cleansers filled with tons of harmful chemicals, I have opted for using water or my homemade ACV Toner (Apple Cider Vinegar Toner) as a daily cleanser. I simply apply my ACV Toner with a cotton and gently remove any residue. I do it once or twice per day depending on the needs of my skin. ACV has been known to be a natural pH balancer for the skin & it works as an excellent toner too! Tip: Add a few drops of essential oils to your ACV Toner to remove the strong scent of the vinegar.
- HYDRATING: To hydrate my skin, post cleansing and to further tone it, I either use some rose water or my favourite at the moment: The BREEZE Revival Mist by Good Medicine Beauty Lab. It smells amazing, hydrates my skin and works as a gentle facial toner too, without irritating or burning my skin (as most drugstore toners often do).
- MOISTURIZING: Now that I have added some hydration onto my skin, I lock it in with my favourite moisturizers. In the summer time, given how hot it is, I like to use something that doesn’t leave my skin oily but still gives me some much-needed moisture. Once again, Good Medicine Beauty Lab products are my go-to’s for that. I use a combination of their HONEY DEW nectar with a drop of their RAIN facial oil. Honey Dew acts as a daytime serum while Rain is rich in phytonutrients and nourishing oils that help to nurture my skin. Plus, did I mention the smell? HEA-VEN! I highly recommend you check out those 2 products from their line. They are both my favourites!
- EXFOLIATING: I was never one to really be big on exfoliation. I had heard it was important but didn’t really commit to it until the past year. Ever since I started using SAND by Good Medicine Beauty Lab (pictured above), it has been sooo easy to exfoliate my face once a week. It is gentle, smells amazing and truly works! It leaves my skin so soft and helps remove any dead skin cells or residue that may have accumulated over the week. And did you know that exfoliating is an excellent way to stimulate collagen production and blood circulation to your skin cells as well? Test it out to see the difference for yourself ;).
When I truly feel like giving my skin some extra looove, I enjoy doing a honey mask. Honey is a great skin emollient and it is also a powerful superfood that is antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal. It will rejuvenate your skin and reduce inflammation as well. When I don’t make it myself, I LOVE to indulge in some HONEY BEE Blossoming Mask by Good Medicine Beauty Lab. Once again, it smells fantastic, contains the most beautiful ingredients and it doesn’t harm the environment, nor my health. Give it a try ;).
DISCOUNT CODE: A little summer gift for you all: when you use the code “deliciouslyvibrant” when ordering any Good Medicine Beauty Lab products via the links provided in this article, you get 20% off your purchase. Enjoy!
When I leave the house:
The final steps to my favourite summer beauty essentials for healthy and glowing skin are what I take with me, once I leave the house to keep my skin happy and protected.
These are my 3 MUST-HAVES:
- my lip balm by Primally Pure because your lips need sun protection too. And this brand understands the concept of moisturized + hydrated lips without adding any nasty chemicals- all clean & natural ingredients. I LOVE it!
- my sunnies by MELLER. A super cool Spanish brand I recently discovered. All of their lenses are polarized and 100% certified to protect our eyes again UV rays radiation.
- my re-usable water bottle by Klean Kanteen to stay hydrated from within at all times. This is a must too, especially in this heat – you will lose a lot more water via perspiration and evaporation. So prevent headaches and heat strokes by keeping well hydrated at all times!
And there you have it, folks: My Favourite Summer Beauty Essentials.
What about you? What are your favourite summer beauty care practices?
Leave your comments and recommendations, below. I would love to hear them!
Have a happy and safe Summer, guys.