When the temperatures reach higher than 30 degrees Celsius, I don’t know for you, but all I want to eat is: a big salad. All I crave is raw and watery foods, nothing too heavy or too hot! Therefore, Summer is my favourite time of the year to get creative and have fun in the kitchen, experimenting with new salad recipes. The other day, I was craving some asian flavours and tempeh. Usually, when that happens, I make myself some delicious and quick Asian stir-fry. However, it’s too darn hot for that. So, instead, I whipped up this delicious: Asian Summer Rainbow Salad with Grilled Tempeh. I am sure that as soon as you try this recipe, it will quickly become a new staple in your home, too ;).
Indeed, this salad is quick, easy and filled with nutritious ingredients – most of which are excellent for your liver. So, you can indulge in it, completely guilt-free.
Here is what you will need for this:
- 1 cup of leafy greens
- 2 carrots (grated)
- 1 cup of a purple cabbage (grated)
- 5-6 snap peas (steamed & cold)
- 1 cup of diced cooked tempeh (sautéed with garlic + tamari sauce)
- 1 avocado (sliced + pitted)
- 1 bell pepper (red, orange or yellow – sliced)
- a few fresh mint leaves
- Optional: some grilled sunflower seeds or sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 tbsp of tahini
- 1 tbsp of tamari
- 1 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 2 tsp of raw honey
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Some water to dilute it a bit (about 1 Tbsp or more, depending on how thick you want your dressing to be)
- 1- 2 garlic cloves (pressed)
- 1 thumb size piece of ginger (freshly grated)
Place all of the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until creamy.
Now that the vinaigrette is ready, simply place all of the salad ingredients into a big bowl and pour your vinaigrette on top. Add some grilled sunflower seeds or sesame seeds for garnish, and enjoy!
As always, stay vibrant.