Fall is officially here and it feels so good to be able to use my oven again. The temperatures are finally cool enough! It’s such a perfect timing as this season always makes me crave roasted veggies and homemade baked goods. Banana bread is definitely one of my favourite treats to re-create at home. It’s super easy, and very satisfying. And because I have been in love with pears lately, I decided to add this delicious seasonal fruit to my banana bread too! It was the perfect addition! I am sure you will love it too. Meet your new favourite snack: The Healthy Gluten-Free Banana Bread.
If you are not a big fan of pears, feel free to omit that addition or to substitute it with your favourite fruit.
Now let’s jump straight into this recipe.
Healthy Gluten-Free Banana Bread
- 2.5 cups of brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tbsp of cinnamon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 or 5 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup of coconut sugar (other healthy options: date syrup or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted
- Optional add-ins: 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts, 1/2 cup of shredded pear, 1/3 cup of dark chocolate chunks or cacao nibs, etc.
- Toppings: 1/2 pear, thinly sliced + a few pieces of dark chocolate chunks ( I used a sugar-free, dark chocolate that was sweetened with Stevia).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (or 180 degrees C) and grease your loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt).
- In a separate bowl or in a food processor, mix the wet ingredients (eggs, bananas, coconut oil, sweetener, vanilla). Once all mixed, add the optional add-ins: walnuts, chocolate chunks, pear, etc.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients together and pour the batter into your loaf pan.
- Add your toppings carefully.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
And there you have it folks, your very own Healthy Gluten-Free Banana Bread.
Let me know how you enjoy it once you have tried it ;).