Feeding yourself nourishing and delicious foods doesn’t have to be complicated. In fact, when it comes to prepping my meals and creating new recipes, I always do my best to make sure they contain easy-to-source ingredients, don’t take too long and are fun to prepare. This salad is no exception! It only requires 5 ingredients, hence its name: The Easiest Summer Salad.
This salad idea came to me a few weeks ago, when Madrid’s heat reached a scorching 40+ degrees Celsius. It was simply unbearable and I needed to prepare a quick lunch that would not only re-hydrate us but also satisfy our hunger. This salad was just what we needed!
It will only take you about 7 minutes to re-create it and I am pretty sure it might even become a staple in your home, too! So, here is how to re-create:
The Easiest Summer Salad
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 1.5 cup of cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1.5 cup of diced cucumbers
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- a few fresh mint leaves for the aroma & cooling effect
- 150 gr of feta cheese or (if vegan) 2 tbsp of pine nuts/walnuts
- Sea salt + pepper to taste
- Optional: some black or green olives would go wonderfully in this salad too!
The salad dressing was simple, too: simply mix 3 Tbsp of EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) with the juice of 1/2 lemon (or more, depending on your taste).
Place all of the ingredients in a salad bowl, pour in your salad dressing, mix everything together and voilà! You have re-created the easiest summer salad ;).
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.