Many people often comment on how beautiful and clear my skin looks. Though my skin doesn’t always look perfect and clear, I do my best to nourish it from within and to take care of it. Did you know that the key to beautiful glowing skin always lies within? Having a nutrition that includes a few key ingredients can really help your skin maintain its natural and youthful glow. Today, I am sharing with you a morning breakfast recipe that includes many ingredients known to boost your skin’s health and to give you a natural glow. This Glowing Green Smoothie Breakfast Bowl is super easy to re-create and guaranteed to become your new favourite breakfasts.
Indeed, you won’t need that many ingredients and most of them you probably already have in your kitchen.
The key ingredients in this smoothie bowl that will help your skin glow are:
- lemon: rich in vitamin C, a great antioxidant helping to find skin’s inflammation and premature aging.
- cucumber: rich in water content and Vitamin C as well. Another great ingredient for collagen production and skin’s elasticity.
- spinach: due to its dark green leaves, spinach is a vegetable rich in antioxidants, vitamin C and chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is great to oxygenate your skin’s cells.
- berries: rich in vitamin C and phytonutrients, they will help make your skin glow from within.
- avocado: one of your skin’s best friend due to its content in vitamins C, E, water, fiber and healthy fats (omega 3s).
- turmeric: a great spice to use in your smoothies for its anti-inflammatory properties and
Glowing Green Smoothie Breakfast Bowl
- 1 cup of spinach (or other leafy green of choice)
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1/3 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 of avocado
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- 1 banana
- 1 Tbsp of almond butter
- 1/2 cup of frozen berries (I used strawberries)
- 1 Tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
Simply place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend away until you have reached a creamy smooth consistency.
For toppings: I used fresh figs, coconut flakes, crushed walnuts and my homemade chocolate granola (sugar-free and so tasty!)
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did.