Have you ever paid attention to the ingredients present in your your favourite store-bought granola? Most granolas sold in supermarkets are often loaded with sugars, preservatives and unhealthy fats. Even the organic and so-called “healthy” ones contain unhealthy sugars. To avoid all of that and save some money too, why not make your own granola at home? It’s super easy and much healthier for you. Here is my recipe for an: Easy Homemade Sugar-Free Chocolate Granola.
The recipe is so easy, I am sure it will quickly become a favourite in your house too. And the best part is that you can customize this recipe to include your own favourite ingredients. I skipped on the oats this time around because they are not my favourite, but feel free to add some if you want ;).
This recipe is sugar-free as I used raw honey as my sweetener of choice. However, feel free to use maple syrup, coconut sugar, stevia or even to skip the sweetener all together. I have tried both ways and it comes out just as tasty every time!
All right, enough talking, let’s jump right into it. Here is how to create an:
Easy Homemade Sugar-Free Chocolate Granola
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp of pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp of flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp of sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp of buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup of raw hazelnuts
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter
- 2 Tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 4 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 3 tsp of raw honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 1-2 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch or two of Himalayan salt
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Chop your hazelnuts into little chunks.
- In a big bowl, first mix all of your nuts and seeds (coconut flakes, buckwheat groats, flax, sunflower + pumpkin seeds, and finally the chopped hazelnuts) with the cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut oil, raw cacao, almond butter and your sweetener of choice (if you choose to add some). Stir well, until everything is combined.
- Add the chocolate mixture to your dry ingredients and mix everything well together.
- Spread the granola on a baking tray and let it bake for about 15-20 minutes. Make sure that you check every 5 to 10 minutes, stirring it with a spoon, so it won’t get burned.
When it’s done, take it out and let it cool off a little before storing it in a jar or something similar.
And there you have it folks. This recipe is super easy and once you store it in a glass jar in the fridge, it will last for weeks.
Let me know how you enjoy it.